Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Maybe we should apply for citizenship . . .

So-we leave on Friday for Vietnam! Yesterday we were informed that there may be some delays in the process in Vietnam-and it was possible we would need to stay longer. Mom and I decided to go ahead and change our return flight now, rather than having to deal with it in Vietnam. We are now returning home on June 4th. If we get done with the US Embassy early, we may try to leave sooner-however, flights out of Hanoi are very difficult to get. Apparently, it's quite the hot spot for tourists in SE Asia. We also only have a 30 day visa, so we'll have to get extended ones while we're there. It was suggested we consider arriving in Hanoi a week later so that we don't have to stay in country for so long-but since I will be able to Josie next week-there's no way I'm delaying my trip. It just means we'll have even longer to explore Josie birth country. And I hear it's just beautiful. Even in the rainy season!

We're staying at the Somerset hotel-which has little apartments. We'll have a kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 bedrooms, and a living room. I think we'll be quite comfortable. There's also a pool-can't wait to take Josie swimming.

I will update my blog with pics and videos while I'm there. And I will do as many individual emails as time allows.


I can't wait for you all to meet Josie! She will be baptised on June 17th at the 11am Mass at the Cathedral. It will also be her first birthday! And Father's Day . . . . . We'll have some sort of celebration at the house afterwards.

I can't thank everyone enough for all their support, prayers (Thanks Maddie!), gifts, good wishes, excitement, and help throughout the last 7 months. I'm so lucky to have all of you in my life! Thanks especially to those (ahem, Shu!) who've talked me down from the ledge more than once. This has been the most amazing and stressful time of my whole life! The control-freak in me has had a bit of trouble letting go and just letting things happen. Soon-it will be all worth it.

Much Love-

Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you for a safe journey and a wonderful stay in Viet Nam. I hope it's a beautiful experience for you while you become a new mom! :-)