Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stupidest Thing I've Had To Do So Far . . . .

So on the I600-A form for INS there is a section on marital status:

I checked the box saying that I am not married AND I checked the box that said I have never BEEN married.

Apparently that's not good enough . . .

I get a letter from Homeland Security (so weird to see Dept of Homeland Security in the return address!) that said I needed to send back a letter that states that I have never been married.

So-I actually had to type this up (verbatim-well, except for the name part-not sure I really want my full name floating out there on internet-land):



10-19-06

To Whom It May Concern:

It has been requested that I submit a statement regarding my unmarried status to complete the filing of my I600A. Enclosed is a copy of the request.

I, Jules, have never been married.

(signature here)


Jules


I don't know how people can work for the government, you know, making sure people cross their T's and dot their i's even when it is overkill . . . . . The idea of it makes me want to stab a fork in my eye.

Edited to add: You know, now that I think of it-I wish I'd jazzed up the letter a bit. How's this?

Dear whoever:

I have never been married. I have, however, been engaged and was lucky enough to get cheated on, stolen from, and heartbroken so that I didn't marry the jerk and end up supporting his sorry a#$ while he sat around watching movies and playing playstation.



Probably good I didn't send something like this: If the person reading didn't have a sense of humor, I might have been labeled a whackjob and been put on the DO NOT FLY list . . . .

No comments: